Wednesday, October 29, 2014

when in doubt, add a cupcake!

that pretty much sums up my card-making philosophy. bling is good, too; and banners. it never hurts to use your favorite color, either; which in my case, is ♥PINK♥! (i may have mentioned that before...?) bearing in mind all of this advice, i sat down last night and made this:

patterned paper: crate paper, k and co, october afternoon, basic grey, prima; tag: pink paislee; velvet floral: petaloo; banners: crate paper; pearl flourish and border punch: recollections; twine: doodlebug; lace from my stash; ink: colorbox; adhesives: elmer's brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, glue dots, sewing machine

hey wait, i almost forgot the most important factor of all: start with a really awesome sketch! stuck on u sketches happens to have a brand new one, which i really love. i've condensed it quite a bit to fit everything inside my six inch square card... in retrospect, i wish i'd've left a little more white space, actually; but i think you can still see the bones?


there's loads more inspiration at stuck on u sketches, plus they have other challenges each month, for using diecuts and even some cool pocket-scrapbooking themes. you should probably go and check those out, darlings! ♥

12 comments:

  1. I'm seeing another WOW card!!! And WOW it is!! Just beautiful! Love all the pink and it just fits the sketch perfectly.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. White space, schmite space. Your card is perfection! When in doubt add a cupcake... It's close to my life's motto, which is: When in doubt, eat a cupcake. ;)

    Thanks for cracking me up with your superb sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves cupcakes!Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. love that you used the sketch for your card.. Looks amazing..
    thanks for sharing this with us girls over at SOUS
    Hugs
    Nanné SOUS DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulously gorgeous pink card! - I just love it, thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving a lovely comment hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I just love pink and your bling!!!! And your take on the sketch is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just soooooooooooooo sweet! LOVE this! And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI I love this, its so pretty and uses all my favouites. Good luck SOUS DTM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! So happy you used our sketch. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and I love the sweet colors. Thanks for sharing at SOUS.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just think it's too funny that when you are out in "blogland" that there are just some people that you like right away…and your like, yes..of course they are my friend! LOL!
    Well that's what I think of you! I love your blog and reading what you write and also love your enthusiasm for SOUS..means a lot to me!
    I also got a good chuckle from reading your bio..no kids or pets..no room cause the paper! HA! Maybe I need to rethink my 3 kids cause I barely have any room up in here! HAAAAAAAA! (ok, guess I have to keep the kids BUT…we did skip on the pets though!)

    Ok, enough of my ranting! Have a great weekend! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just think it's too funny that when you are out in "blogland" that there are just some people that you like right away…and your like, yes..of course they are my friend! LOL!
    Well that's what I think of you! I love your blog and reading what you write and also love your enthusiasm for SOUS..means a lot to me!
    I also got a good chuckle from reading your bio..no kids or pets..no room cause the paper! HA! Maybe I need to rethink my 3 kids cause I barely have any room up in here! HAAAAAAAA! (ok, guess I have to keep the kids BUT…we did skip on the pets though!)

    Ok, enough of my ranting! Have a great weekend! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~