Saturday, April 5, 2014

collage obsession: silhouette

is it still a collage if you've only glued two pieces of paper together? that's the kind of question this week's collage obsession challenge-- which is to use a silhouette-- is making me ask. because, for the first time ever, my collage only has two layers. on the other hand, i did spend quite a long time selecting just the right two pieces; in this case a buddha shape traced and cut onto a river-reflected sunset and a very backlit new york city skyline. so to answer my own question, i'd have to say this IS a collage. now that that's settled, want to see it? cool! here ya go:


if you want to see lots of other awesome silhouette collages, check out the gallery at collage obsession, it's definitely worth the trip.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous collage, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Love the image in the buddha. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original , I like as I enjoy Asian statues ! /Ritva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is really cool looking! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it's still collage. I often only use a few pieces in my collages. Any yes, it does take time to find the "right" images.

    This is brilliant. You have done a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a collage if you say it is. Who are we to question art?! Love your collage. It is very cool and makes me question the meaning of life. Buddha does that to me.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~