Tuesday, April 16, 2013

merci beaucoup, darlings!

by which i mean: thank you very much for all of the very nice comments and emails with regard to the doings at the new house! we are very fortunate, and very happy! i *AM* working on getting back to a normal online schedule, i promise, and hope to be around a lot more in the very near future. but thank you for your patience whilst we get settled!!! ♥

in the meantime, it is tuesday and thus time for the new challenge at shopping our stash! this time we'd like you to text us!

Challenge 97: Text or Letters:
use script themed images, text-themed papers, images, stamp a bunch of letters for a border, abc's, use a section of an old book, dictionary, etc.

ok, so i know what you're thinking, you're thinking, "hey lauren! my card has a sentiment on it! which counts as text, right?! so i'm DONE" welllllllll... ok, technically, you are correct; but this time we're actually looking for slightly *MORE* of a statement than that; in addition to just having WORDS on your project, we're really looking for the text to be a bit more of a conscious design element! so have a think, check out the DT projects, and really get creative! plus you know we always love it when you use your stash... the older the better! :)

here's my card:

(patterned paper: prima, basic grey, echo park, glitz design; floral: prima; texty chipboard letters: my very own etsy shop, just enough stuff!; inks: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape)

yep, i went all out! i've got three different text papers, a texty flower, and my own diecut foreign text letters from my etsy shop! is it text overload? well, maybe. but, as mae west said (admittedly in an entirely different context, lol) "too much of a good thing... is *WONDERFUL*!"

i'm currently wishing something wonderful for every single one of us today, so let's get out there and FIND IT! ciao, darlings! ♥♥♥

10 comments:

  1. awesome card...i can't get one done, not because i am not unpacked (although that is a huge crafting challenge in itself till the hubby gets our basement finished in the next couple of months), but more because my camera charger has gone missing in our move and the battery is DEAD...yikes, if it is not one thing, it is the other :) Glad to hear all is going GREAT for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore any project with text and this card is P E R F E C T I O N!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and a gorgeous card! So very lovely.
    So happy for you and your new home!! That's just wonderful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. And like I already said...I love this card even more in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Lauren... I just know I have some of that paper somewhere in my stash. Thanks for the inspiration, lady, and have a ball getting settled into your wonderful home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful card! I love your use of different text papers. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.love the use of the foreign lanuage for Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren - This card is beautiful! I love the pink text paper. That is so something I would buy! Gorgeous gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love how that came out. I'm going to have to go check out your Etsy store again. I set mine back up, but I need to do some work on it and get some more items in there. I love the text on the card!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~