There's a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash: for "Who's Who" we'd like you to use some sort of "person" image on your card. Man or woman... old or young... sweet or funny; all the details are up to you! Here's what I made:
My first thought was to make a collage card featuring a sewing pattern lady, so that's exactly what I did! As it turns out, the finished collage is 8x10" which is admittedly big for a card, but I found so many fun, interesting, older stash items that worked, I just kept adding them in. I worked partly thematically (Paris, nature, lace) and partly by color (white, cream, tan). There are lots of "found" papers (sheet music; an old ledger) and images from vintage books and magazines (those cool birds are from a Peterson's Field Guide Coloring Book!); but I also used most of a sheet of lace stickers (so old they don't have a package or brand name but thankfully are still perfectly sticky; and finally bunch of ancient rub-ons. The last are one of my favorite collage ingredients because, let's face it, older rub-on transfers are not always 100% reliable, are they? On a regular card that can be very disappointing, but on a maximalist collage... if they don't rub on perfectly, it just looks like part of the vintage vibe! I inked the edges and some of the ingredients with Antique Linen Distress Ink and finally matted the whole thing on textured white cardstock, then machine stitched all around the edges to absolutely guarantee that nothing will come unstuck at a later date.
SOS582: Who's Who runs until the evening of Monday, September 21st. Visit Shopping Our Stash today to see the fabulous Crew Cards; then start planning what you'll link up with us this fortnight.

No comments:
Post a Comment
the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~