Friday, September 18, 2026

CASE-ing Xmas (Week 2)

At Jingle Belles this is our second week to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) any of the cards that Stephanie or I have made for any of the previous Jingle Belles prompts. You don't need to make a card exactly like the one you choose as your target (the acronym CASE does contain the words "Selectively Edit" after all) just be sure we can see "the bones" so to speak; and remember to tell us which card inspired yours!

This week I chose a card of Stephanie's from our Jingle Belles' prompt last February called Red Christmas; which looked a bit like this... ok technically, it looked exactly like this lol:


Now here's my version:

Once again, I was attracted by the perfect balance and bold simplicity of Stephanie's card; but also... honestly... knowing I had ingredients which were fairly close to the same vibe definitely makes the job easier. I had a journal card with a similar Doodlebug Santa; I had two coordinating red patterned papers: one texty, one not; I added skinny black mats between my layers; and I had a red sentiment with "believe" in it... though rather than stamping, I used a Tim Holtz Sticker. I think this captures the vibe of Stephanie's card pretty well and obviously I have consider it a big bonus that its flat, lightweight design is strong in the mail-ability genre!

JB2619: CASE-ing Christmas runs until next Wednesday evening, September 25th. Come join the fun at Jingle Belles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~