Friday, April 16, 2021

I've Made Cards Out of... Cards?!

We're moving in to our second week of the great Jingle Belles recycling challenge, and you still have until Wednesday night to join the fun. Check out the original post for all the details and the linky tool.

This week I took sort of an easy option and decided to see how far I could get making cards out of... well... cards; that is to say, I decided to see if I could create something new and interesting just from card fronts of older store-bought cards I've received. I started with a pile that was blue and snowy:

And finished off with three cards I quite like: 


I confess that my cards don't reflect my original plan at all; I had intended to cut the coordinating snowy card fronts into 1.5" squares and make grids out of them... only, as it turned out, I didn't actually love how that looked, so I wound up working much more loosely in layers. On the plus side, apart from a few Eyelet Outlet Pine Tree, Deer and Snowflake Brads, a little bit of sheet music and some sparkly Tree Tape, these cards are made entirely out of cards. I trimmed, distressed, stacked, stitched and embellished multiple blue-and-snowy segments of card fronts and I'm pretty happy with the results!

Be sure to check out Stephanie's beautiful card at Jingle Belles and start planning what you'll link up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~