Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Summer Lovin'

If I had to sum up everything I love about summer in just *ONE* card, the card I'm posting on the Eyelet Outlet Blog today miiiiiiight just be the one I'd choose. Because it has sunshine, beach vibes, super-cool flamingos, my favorite color (PINK!) and of course let's not forget a sweet treat, lol! To top it all off, I've managed to express almost all of these loves using Eyelet Outlet Brads! ♥



I've always enjoyed participating in the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' seasonal bloghops--btw, the summer edition is on NOW, and will wrap up Friday night. I don't just love this event because my lovely friend Amy Tsuruta is one of the founders of the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog (though she is!)
18622230_10213446220340512_5157922663339630764_n
But I confess it's even more fun more now that I make a point of keeping Eyelet Outlet Coffee Brads and Doughnut Brads on hand, and you can see I've given them a starring role in my card. I've also got Sun and Cloud Brads, a Sandcastle Brad, a Tall Palm Tree Brad, and I've arranged them all as three loving couples against some little diecut hearts. To set off the whole group, I popped the hearts up a bit on a little foam tape, so we could better see that strip of beautiful Flamingo Washi Tape, accented with just the tiniest peep of Glitter Gold Tape. I hand-stamped "Summer Lovin'"with a favorite cursive font and called it done!


While I was feeling "in the pink" I made a second card, using one of the beautiful wide watercolor tapes we had this spring, which also happens to feature flamingos. This particular tape sold out fast (well just look at it!) but this simple idea would work equally well with the Flamingo Washi I used above, or with this other fab Flamingo Tape. You could also rock this with Watercolor Flowers,(I've fussy-cut one of them, to be my flower center!) Butterflies, Birds, or even these beautiful Sewing MachinesThere are so many good tapes... you should probably browse the category while you're there! Be sure to grab some Paper Flowers and Jewel Bling Strips, too-- they go with EVERYTHING! 


Meanwhile, I hope you'll check out the Eyelet Outlet Blog, to see ALL of my lovely design team sisters in action; and don't forget to join in the Coffee Lovers' Blog Hop! ♥

10 comments:

  1. Oh what fun cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous and I love those brads on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your coffee card is one of the best I have seen in this hop yet, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards, all that sweet pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous love the one with the flamingo washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brads really make your card! Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink Pink Pink!
    These are both awesome...coffee + donuts and Flamingo's...seriously, nothing could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are so beautiful! Love the design of that coffee card!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~