Tuesday, June 13, 2017

happy mail!

this week's challenge at shopping our stash is called "happy mail" and can be interpreted in multiple ways: envelopes, writing letters, etc... or mail-related or letter-writing supplies/ papers/ stamps. or possibly a typewriter, an alphabet joke and some texty/lined papers??!

patterned papers: october afternoon, american crafts, basic grey, sei, teresa collins; foam thickers in 2 styles: american crafts; glossy white cardstock: the paper cut; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape

here's a shocking true confession for ya: i looooooove the look of tall cards. every time i make a tall card, i think to myself, "i love tall cards! i should make more tall cards! why don't i make tall cards more often?" and then i have to photograph them and it all comes back reallllllllllllllllly quickly. so yeah. please to consider this both my first tall card IN a while, and my last tall card FOR a while. kthx.


but seriously, i do think it came out well; and additionally i got to use up loads of older stash, which is the ENTIRE POINT of SOS, actually! speaking of which... i happen to know there's load more inspiration awaiting you from my DT darlings, so off you go to check it out! ♥

8 comments:

  1. How fabulous...love your tall card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love that retro image! And I hear you about the tall projects, makes them near impossible to share on IG too :( Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome TALL card, I love tall cards too but never think to make them and they fit in a #10 business envie too. Love the colours and the image and all those letters. fabby job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your card totally reminds me of Joan on Mad Men!
    Love love love the retro vibe and all the PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card and I got the mad men vibe too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am diggin' the tall card! And you freaking owned this challenge! In all ways! And of course your stash shopping brings a tear of pride to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, what an awesome card, the retro look and the colors are just beautiful. Love how you highlighted the letters in the alphabet that spell "hi", awesome detail.
    Believe it or not, I never noticed that, I think this are the only letters that spell an actual word in the alphabet, right?
    Awesome card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this ... what fabulous Mad Men inspired fun

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~