Tuesday, June 27, 2017

aloha, summertime!

this week's challenge at shopping our stash is called, "lazy summer days" and what we'd like to see is a card, atc, journal page, canvas, or any other project of your choice that illustrates how you plan to relax this summer; or perhaps, how you WISH you could relax this summer. for me that's easy, i'm off to hawaii... in my dreams, at least!

patterned paper: anahata katkin/papaya art, american crafts/amy tangerine, imaginisce, doodlebug, sei, authentique; gelly stickers: doodlebug; word sticker: echopark; aloha stamp: stampettes (via long's drug store, waikiki, 2011); ribbon:michaels; markers: tombow dualbrush pens; sdhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

i've got loads of really elderly stash on this card, including the cool pink background that's one of a very few bits i have left from a papaya art clipart book that i absolutely adored in like... 2003? lots of ancient paperscraps with interesting edges, a tiny bit of pink ribbon that really seems like it was too small to save ...and yet... i did, lol! my favorite "golden oldie" here, however, is the fabulous ALOHA stamp, which i bought at long's drugs, in the ala moana shopping center, our first night in hawaii, back in 2011. i mention this because i've used the gorgeous new sketch at retro rubber to lay out my design!

RRCB 65

there's loads more "lazy summer days" inspiration over at SOS, be sure to check that out, ASAP, darlings! ♥

12 comments:

  1. I think I an gonna have to play along...fab fun and colorful Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous summery pastels palette! And the Aloha stamp is fabulous. I'm most interested that you found it at the Ala Moana centre - I wish I'd found ti when I was there! It's a beauty and I'm glad you inked it up for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I was so busy thinking about that stamp, and about Hawaii, that I forgot to say thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and beautiful, as usual! My oldest daughter is like you: she would go to Hawaii any day... she is considering college there, though I'm like, "Keep up them grades, sister... out of state tuition is scary..." Anyway, awesome card, and steal of a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, lovely colours and you got to use a pink flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bright summer time card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, what a wonderful and colorful card, makes me dream of the Big Island, sand, surf, Pina Coladas.....
    Beautiful card!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, this is amazing, I want to go on vacation IN your card. LOL. thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber this time. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing old stash! And the colorful, cheerful images just made my day! Thanks! So lovely, thanks for joining the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your plaid paper and the layout of your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'd love to join you in Hawaii!!
    On my "bucket list" of travel destinations for sure!
    Aloha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Aloha stamp and all the little bits from your ancient stash worked perfectly to make this card a true standout! Great interpretation of the sketch, thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~