Tuesday, February 7, 2017

SOS289: winter blues

this week's challenge at shopping our stash is EASY, but it's also a tiny bit counter-intuitive, so be sure to really read the brief properly, k? we want to see projects that use the color blue predominantly... but... they cannot have a winter theme! i, for one, am always ready to leave winter behind, preferably on my way to hawaii, lol. so this was pretty easy for me.


journal card and surfboard sticker: doodlebug; patterned paper: echo park, mme, authentique; brads and flatback resin flamingo: eyelet outlet; cloud punch: fiskars; white kromekote cardstock: the paper cut; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, gluedots, sewing machine

of course, you don't have to go all the way to summer or tropical, just avoid anything wintery, and use lots of blues. but i just could not resist the opportunity to pair doodlebug's "fun in the sun" collection with some fun eyelet outlet shell and cloud brads, plus this seemed like the perfect time to deploy my very last flatback resin flamingo!


looking for more evidence that the cure for winter blues might be BLUE THINGS?! because my SOS dt darlings make the case pretty convincingly. go and see! go and see!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Lauren, I can feel the warmth of the sun and hear the surf near by!!! I want to go cruise around in that adorable wagon, fabulous details as always my dear, love that Flamingo and the stitching is awesome, super fun card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so "funky" and takes me back to the 70's and 80's. Oh, how I miss those Florida beaches. Love the layering and stitching but my favorite has to be the cool "hippie" mobile! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those cute little starfish and sand dollars!!! Such a cute card and now I want to go to the beach and get sandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no "the last flamingo!" Well flat backed one. Love the card as said above you can feel the warmth rising from the photo 😊. Your stash must be fantastic!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty!!
    Can I join you on the winter escape? I am soooooo ready!!!
    Love the van! That flamingo!
    Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love all of it. love those seashells and of course that flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Such a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so my scene at present with our heat waive. Love your fabulous scene you created here Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitchery and layers! This is fab. I am right with you in the bus on the way to Hawaii! (Was just pricing vacations at 4am... Texted husband and he sent back the sweating guy emoji, lol!) Great card. Great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~