Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SOS142: sentiments, only

i really like this week's challenge at shopping our stash! we're putting the focus on the sentiment, and we want it to really make a splash. so while you don't have to eschew embellishment altogether, we definitely want the words be the predominant aspect of your design. think quotations, think subway art, think BIG text stamps, think oversized stickers, etc. if you need some help, inspiration-wise, remember my SOS teammates are there for you, and-- as usual-- they've each made something utterly awesome! here's my card:

(patterned paper: girls paperie, jenni bowlin + scraps of recollections, dcwv, doodlebug, creative imaginations; black chipboard thickers: american crafts; black swirly digiframe (printed on inkjet transparency): scrap-n-fonts; sequins from my stash; ink: prima; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, scotch gluestick, sewing machine)

if i said this thing took longer to photograph than to make, i'd be exaggerating... but alas not by alllllll that much! as everyone in the papercrafting realm knows, reflective materials are a BEAR to capture well, and as you can see the whole front of my card is covered by a transparency frame that i've stitched on to hold in some super-fun (well, i think so!) sequin confetti. here's another angle for ya:


and now you will definitely want to hop over to shopping our stash, because the gang have outdone themselves this week! ciao, darlings! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Awesome sentiments only card, it just proves you don't need a lot of glitz and glamour just a great looking sentimen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be a "happy" for a birthday, but it makes me HAPPY all over!!! So pretty and love the shine.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove the sewed-on transparency to hold the bling! Genius!!!! And WHY WHY WHY didn't I think to use my 739 packs of Thickers for this instead of stamping? I might need to make another card. Could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: You couldn't capture the shine, but *I* would have captured ONLY the shine. I suk at photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome...gotta love all the PINK

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card! Love what you came up with for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! I love this card. It really turned out fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh this card is ALL kinds of awesome!!! I love the sequin confetti, the big bright happy, the contract with the black birthday and flourishes...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big, bold and bright! I love it. I love that you've captured sequined confetti under glass (well, transparency) as it just makes your card all the more festive!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~