Thursday, January 6, 2011

"ISABEL" name banner

if you've been here more than once in the last year you'll have sussed that the "banner craze" in papercrafting has hit me HARD...and seemingly permanently! i like full-sized banners, i like shaped ones, i like mini-ones on cards, and on wall hangings; possibly the only banner i DON'T love is david banner, the incredible hulk...though he's a lovely shade of green, it must be said! :)

but today the banner in question was made for my young friend miss isabel, and i am very proud of it indeed:


maybe the BEST part of this one was how verrrrrrrrrrrrrry easily it came together, a fact which i attribute 100% to having used the january pixie dust paperie kit! and i'm not just saying that because i'm so proud of my part in putting together MY FUNKY VALENTINE (though i am, of course!) or even because all the pixie dust kits are so beautiful as well as being a great value (though they are, of course!) but seriously, the main thing is, if you start out with a group of pre-selected, pre-matched, pre-coordinated papers and embellishments you can skip that whole long "gather your suppies" step (which in my case can sometimes seem ETERNAL!) and get right to the "hey! i'm makin' a banner here!" step, which is the fun bit!

there are more detailed photos on the pixie blog, as well as additional detail on the products and method used in this project. there's also info about the MONTH LONG spree of giveaways miss kirsty is hatching for some lucky pixie readers, so be sure and check that out!

(there's also a second post today here on my own blog, featuring my very first limelight papercrafts design team project! YAY!) ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. I am banner illiterate. Sad, but true. :( I see them & say to myself "Self, look at that fabby, cute banner!! Wouldn't it be awesome if *I* made one?" but, alas...I don't have a clue.

    Yours is everything a banner SHOULD be!! It's sweet, sassy, and oh-so-girly! I ♥love♥ all the layers and embellishments. I bet there are so many details that if I were to see it in real life it would take me hours just oooh'ing and ahhh'ing over it! :)

    Amazing, as usual, Ms. Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific banner!! hoppin' over to PDC to see more ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to make one of these for my daughter Sarah!! I knew I wanted to create something today! This will be it. I will post when I am finished :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow; this is gorgeous and I love love love the colors. I think we're all in love with banners :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. As in, I am speechless. Very, very pretty. She's gonna love this for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~