Monday, January 10, 2011

a crowning achievement

i've always wanted to make a crown. i know what you're thinking, you're thinking, "well of course you have, lauren! afterall you've got three princess-obsessed nieces!" which is true, of course, but here's a secret confession for you: three-princess obsessed nieces were not the INSPIRATION for making a crown; in fact, they're really more like an excuse, by which i figured i could get away with making one! :)

so there i was sort of vaguely thinking to myself, "someday i WILL make a crown and give it to one of the girls!" but there was no PLAN or specific occasion attached. then, a few months ago, i saw this glorious crown that heidi swapp made, and i thought "oooooooh!" and sort of had more of an idea *HOW* i might set about it. then, shortly after that, miss kirsty asked if i'd like to try my hand at kit-designing, and i began to select the items for the MY FUNKY VALENTINE kit, which i knew would be in the pixie shoppe before niece riley's birthday...on february 14th!!!

dontcha just ♥LOVE IT♥ when everything lines up neatly like that?!

there are A LOT more details of the crown's construction, and A LOT more photos, too, on the pixie blog today! i hope you'll stop over there and have a look because i think it came out rather well, actually.

in the meantime, if queen elizabeth calls, tell her she can place an order any time!!! :)

16 comments:

  1. OooOooOOHHHH!!! And a LA-LA, too, sweet-cheeks! This is fab-u-licious!! So perfect in pink!

    The details in this scrumptious crown are just mind-numbing! I've tried to count them, but I don't think I *can* count them all. :O <--me with mouth hanging open.

    It's just UBER GORGEOUS!! And if your niece doesn't want it... MY b-day is Feb. 1st. I'll take it. HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be PRINCESS for a day if only I could have this one! Great job Pixie Lauren!!!! Love every bit of this beautiful princess crown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohmygoodness...! *swoons*
    That is just toooooooo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! This is so pretty!! You are so creative!! I want one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe Waity Katie will be contacting you about something similar for April 29. She likes blue just to let you know ;-)

    Which one of us is moving house? You or me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention I think the butterfly garlandy bits are my favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly....A crown ANY princess would covet!!! Your Valentine princess is going to be over the moon when she sees this!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As trash said, I love the butterfly garlandy bits too!!!!

    Too much fun - your nieces are super lucky little girls!!

    Oh, btw - while reading the beginning of your post, I kept waiting for you to reveal that you really wanted a crown for yourself. You do, don't you?! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think our Queen would be soooo thrilled to have this ... what a FANTASTIC creation ... I can see all the hen party girls here just desperate to get their hands on one of these .... OooooH just so incedible Miss Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! A crown to make any girl feel like the most special princess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A crowning achievment indeed! What fun is this? Just the best fun,ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ros wrote it already and the same goes for me...our Queen would be thrilled to wear this crown :)!
    It's GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO freakin' cool. Can I be your niece this year? She's gonna be Princess for quite a while with that lovely crown.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~