Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Unbe-LEAF-able!

It's time for Challenge #531 at Shopping Our Stash. This one's called, "I'm LEAF-ing It Up to You" and, as you may already have guessed, we'd like you to create a card that features leaves. This being the first week of Fall here in the Northern Hemisphere, you may well choose to make a card that features the rich seasonal shades of browns, reds, yellows and oranges. Or... maybe not...?

The other night I happened to stumble upon a folder full of watercolor paper panels: some were painted a single shade, some had splashes or blended colors, others were obviously just using up whatever paints I happened to have been using that session; which I'd saved to use later for stamping or diecutting. The best thing I discovered was this 5" square which was painted half sky blue and half grass green. There was also a set of chunky Altenew diecut letters painted similarly half and half. I have NO idea what I'd intended to do with them or why I never did whatever it was, but I was excited to find them and instantly shifted gears to favor tropical foliage instead of the autumnal sort I had been considering. I used my beloved Lawn Fawn Tropical Leaves die set and got to work... et voila! A few tiny flowers, coordinating mats and a secondary sentiment later, I was finished.

Head on over to Shopping Our Stash to see the unbe-LEAF-ably inspiring cards from the rest of the team and start planning what you'll link up with us this fortnight. SOS531: I'm LEAF-ing It Up to You runs until Monday evening, October 7th.

1 comment:

  1. There is one in every crowd, Great finds and fabulous card. Love non-autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~