Friday, February 17, 2023

Peace. Love. Joy. (& Embossing!)

It's week two of our Embossing Challenge at Jingle Belles and this week I've brought in all the possiblilities. By which I mean pressure embossing (via Taylored Expressions' Rosy Posey e/f); heat embossing (thanks to Ranger's Vintage Pearl Powder) and I've even got some pre-embossed paper (again Ranger... I love their Cracked Leather Cardstock!) and the results look a bit like this:

I used the Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder with the pretty poinsettia from Wendy Vecchi's Doodle Christmas Stamp Set, then "painted" the flowers using Pink Peony and Viridian Archival Inks and a waterbrush full of rubbing alcohol. I used the embossing folder on pale pink cardstock, then used a dauber loaded with Pink Peony to make the texture stand out a bit more. I traced a heart from Wendy Vecchi's Bases and Frames Chippies set onto the Cracked Leather Paper, then covered it with Rosey Posey Archival and lightly flicked it with Pearl Mica Spray. The sentiment was cut from an ancient journal card, the felt snowflakes are trimmings from a big box store and I've scattered some Eyelet Outlet Clear Bling around for extra sparkle.

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is also embossing-centric, so, like me, you can make one card and use it for both challenges!


Don't forget that there's a fun little embossing-related prize this fortnight, for one lucky random cardmaker who links up with us. So head on over to Jingle Belles where you can also see Stephanie's beautiful card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~