Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Back to B (Again!)

We're still celebrating our 490th challenge at Shopping Our Stash and as you may remember from last week, the theme is "Starts with B" and could encompass any image, product or technique which starts with that letter. I made a card I really loved, but... as often happens to me... I tried several versions of stamps and diecuts before settling on my faves, so there were leftovers. Enough, in fact, to make TWO more cards!


Once again I've used butterflies, brads and the color blue to make beautiful, blossom-bedecked bonus birthday cards with interesting backgrounds. Once again the butterfly die is ancient Tim Holtz/Sizzix; and the texty stamps are equally old Glitz DesignMy Poppy Stamps whimsical Happy Birthday die is pretty new; the brads are older Doodlebug and the backgrounds in question are (on the left): sheet music with the offcuts from trimming last week's card; and (on the right): a digital collage I made in Photoshop Elements using blending layers to combine photos of a tiled wall, chunky knitting and a macro hibiscus flower.

There's still time for you to join us in celebrating SOS490, so I hope you'll start thinking about items from YOUR stash which "Start with B". Hop over to Shopping Our Stash and see what the crew have made to inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~