Friday, October 11, 2019

PINK XMAS!

If you've played along at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ in other years, you probably already know we devote the first theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we each (Stephanie and myself) donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. There are no other rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made, it has to have a winter holiday theme and it has to feature PINK prominently. 

I made an official (PINK!) challenge graphic, so feel free to share it and our link on your blog or social media or wherever else you enjoy sharing challenge graphics! 



Meanwhile, here's my PINK CARD:

journal card, house stickers and heart paper: doodlebug design; polka dot paper: dcwv; dotted self-adhesive ribbon: heidi swapp; pink seam binding: paper anthology; plain white cardstock: staples; adhesives: elmers brand glue tape, 3m foam tape, sookwang scor-tape

I'm not sure I've ever made a pink + white + kraft card before, but I kinda think it might be new very favorite color combo! I also really love the fonts on that cute Doodlebug journal card. I added a few stickers from the same collection, then went slightly crazy with skinny white mats to tie all my patterned papers together. Speaking of "ties" i added a double layer of ribbons... one of them is a PINK RIBBON which I especially love in the context of this challenge!

I'm jumping in with The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog's Christmas/Holiday Challenge.

Be sure to hop over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ to see Stephanie's luscious pink card and get started planning your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~