Tuesday, November 20, 2018

inspired by a label?

i confess that this week's challenge at shopping our stash stumped me for a bit. we're looking for cards inspired by the label/packaging of a food or beverage item. which actually isn't all that hard, once you start actually looking at labels. but for some reason i could not get my head around the idea at first, lol. once i did, though, there was no stoppin' me!!! see?

patterned paper: echo park, basic grey, american crafts; stickers: jolees, martha stewart, echo park; ink: colorbox; adhesives: elmers brand glue tape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

ok, so, unless you live in hawaii, you might not immediately recognize my label inspiration, so before i go any further, i'll just mention that i was inspired by a hawaiian beer called kona longboard. it's available here in new jersey, at wegman's, and lovely husband jeff recommends it. i don't enjoy beer myself, but it is a really pretty label with a fun vintage hawaii sort of vibe!


it also just happens to use a few colors and themes featured in two of my favorite echo park beachy collections: island paradise and paradise beach! as it turned out, i used more bits and bobs from other sources than from the two collections in question, but they are what got me started; and my card base, blue background paper and "aloha" come from those. i also brought in some ancient basic grey paper to be the sand, a fun faux polaroid and miscellaneous tropical stickers. because YES... i love stickers! ♥


of course you can use any food or beverage label as inspiration, so if you're feeling stuck, the SOS blog is a good place to start because my design team darlings have AWESOME things to show you!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome card, love the beachy look. great idea for that label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun (and totally YOU!) design for your card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't know you were in NJ, I'd assume you lived on an island in the Pacific! You always nail the Aloha spirit! Terrific inspiration! Your paper collection and selection has me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhh fabulousa!!
    Perfect take on the label!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I've never been to Hawaii but I absolutely love your interpretation of the label on these beer bottles, so colorful and beautiful.
    Awesome card!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~