I'm embarrassed to say I haven't touched my Bind-It-All in about a year, but this week it saw quite a bit of action! I made three watercolor journals to give as gifts.
The square ones are 6x6" and the rectangle is about the same as an A6 card. I top-bound them, thinking that gives the best access for both right- and left-handed folks; though in this case the cover designs don't really need to be positioned in any particular way.
The journals are different sizes because the cover paintings (mandalas and/or abstract watercolors of my own) were different sizes. Since I knew to whom each book was intended, I could pick artwork with colors and designs I thought each recipient would like.
Each journal is filled with nice sturdy 140lb cold press Canson watercolor paper; and has 31 pages, since there have been some really cool month-long watercolor challenges and events lately; and if the recipients want to participate they can fit a whole month's worth of artwork into their journal without needing to use the backs of pages.

Shout-out to my husband, Jeff, who always helps me do the binding; thus saving my wrists for something else... like maybe working in my own watercolor journal, later!




No comments:
Post a Comment
the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~