Tuesday, September 10, 2024

SOS530: Don't Really Need Another...

This fortnight at Shopping Our Stash it's time for True Confessions from the Design Team and maybe (if you dare!) from you? We're owning up to the stash items we can never resist, even when our current supply is (arguably) more than sufficient. 

I'll go first: I confess that I am AWASH in washi tape... but I have NO regrets whatsoever on this point!

When it comes to washi and deco tape, I'm in what our late great SOS DT member Leslie Hanna used to call a "S.A.B.L.E." situation; by which she meant, "Supplies Available Beyond Life Expectancy"! I've used twenty-nine (29!) different varieties on this card and I've barely scratched the surface of my collection. I've also used a bunch of paper flowers and enamel dots. It's possible that my stash in both of those categories could also have been used as my True Confession, but neither is quite as gargantuan as the washi cache, so we'll just leave it there.

Head over to SOS to see what the Crew have made and read their shocking True Confessions; then start thinking about what you might conceivably have too much of... and how you could use a bit of it to make a card you link up with us. SOS530: Don't Really Need Another runs until Monday evening, September 23rd.

PS: In case you're wondering, the trick to diecutting washi-covered shapes with NO fear at all about curling or un-stuck ends is to use a piece of cardstock covered with edge-to-edge adhesive. I like to Xyron a piece of cardstock but you can also use double-sided adhesive sheets or rolls. Then just line your tapes up neatly, burnish them a bit, and diecut like you're using patterned paper!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so I might have alot of washi tape too (love the way you used it here)!! I should have included that in my list!! Let's be real...I have alot of everything!! A hobby that has been a part of my life for almost 30 years means that I have been collecting for a long time!! I stand by the fact that it is cheaper than therapy!! LOL. Way to go shopping your stash and inspiring others who decide to play along with our new "Confessions" challenge!! #SOS530

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~