Friday, April 19, 2024

Recycling Redux

At Jingle Belles, we're still celebrating EARTH DAY by creating cards featuring recycled materials. We also encourage you to check out your local Earth Day events on and around April 22nd.

Meanwhile, here's how I recycled this week:


Unfortunately I can't remember who gave me the gorgeous holiday-themed napkin which is the centerpiece of my card. I carefully peeled apart the layers, stuck it to a piece of Xyron-ed cardstock, and then discovered that there was ONE MORE layer I'd been unaware of. Having (even more carefully) peeled that one off, it turned out I had a semi-translucent layer of those lovely, whimsical critters, to which I (very VERY carefully) applied gluestick and stuck to a piece of navy-blue sheet music from an old Christmas Ideals magazine. A patterned paper mat, metallic diecut snowflakes and a Tim Holtz sticker sentiment complete the design of this not-quite-A7 card.

Link your recycling-centric cards on the original Earth Day post at Jingle Belles and be sure to check out the inspiring cards in the Readers' Gallery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~