Saturday, February 3, 2024

Enjoy Your Day

Happy mail ALWAYS makes my day, so I try to make sure I send out plenty of special cards to friends and family. This A7 card features Wendy Vecchi's gorgeous Vintage Florals die set (new from Spellbinders) colored with three shades of yellow Archival Ink from Ranger (Buttercup, Sunflower and Goldenrod, to be precise) and popped up on layers of foam tape for extra dimension.


My plan for this card was to make a mostly-white collage of vintage text paper, run it through with the Flowers and Foliage 3D Embossing Folder, and use that for the background. Unfortunately, the text paper kind of hid more of the embossed flowers than I liked, so I used a Mini Blending Tool to apply yellow and green Archival to the design, which is kind of cool; but the embossing still didn't show up as much as I had hoped. However, a torn section of the collaged piece did make a nice accent for a plain white panel that I cut out with the largest die from the Heartfelt Thanks and Scallops set. Then I embossed plain white cardstock with the folder, added a little bit of Buttercup Archival to the flowers and some Leaf Green around the edges and finally, I had the look I was going for! 


I used one of the label-maker-style sentiments from the Garden Party Stamp and Die set as a sentiment, et voila! Be sure to check out Wendy Vecchi's Instagram Account and the Make Art with Wendy Vecchi Facebook Group for lots more ideas and inspiration for using Wendy's fabulous Garden Party Collection!

2 comments:

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~