Monday, December 26, 2022

Take Five!

This being the last Mandala Monday of 2022, it seems like a good time to look back on all the mandalas I made this year and pick some faves. It was considerably harder than I thought, but here are five, in random order:


1. I made this sticker mandala at the height of my obsession with season two of "Only Murders in the Building"; perhaps the New-York-iest television show EVER. It uses a lot of well-hoarded (tiny!) Pipsticks plus a few other bits and bobs.


2. Every favorites list I ever make will likely feature at least one collagey thing; this ICAD Ink-Over-Collage mandala features Wendy Vecchi's Summer 2022 release of Archival Inks in Rosey Posey, Morning Glory and Peachy Keen.


3. Thanks to Stephanie, I have several different types of Magic Pencil sets (which I don't use enough... note to self for next year!) but when I do, I think of an especially wonderful trip to NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art with my friend Paul, who bought me my first Magic Pencil in the gift shop.


5. By far the easiest type of mandala to make, with NO DRAWING required, is the kind that uses punched shapes--mostly circles and hearts. For this version, I used vintage and found papers for the layers with a nice big spray of gardening magazine peonies on top.


5. Watercolor is my go-to for coloring mandalas; whether it's using actual watercolor paints, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, or, as in this case, ink pads "smooshed" onto the Wendy Vecchi Craft Sheet that's attached to the back of my STAY-tion, where I picked up the color with a waterbrush. These beautifully luscious shades are all from Simon Hurley's create. Dye Inks collection.

♥♥♥♥♥

I'll be back next week with a brand new Mandala Monday design to welcome in the brand New Year! In the meantime, I hope you will be able to squeeze a little bit of art time into this last fun and hectic holiday week of 2022!

1 comment:

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~