Tuesday, December 20, 2022

SOS486: Time for Presents

You may already have guessed from the title that the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to feature presents on your card OR make a Thank You card for gifts you've received. Both of these lend themselves nicely to holiday themes, but having realized that I would need a kiddo birthday card early in January, I decided to get a jump on that occasion instead.

My presents are stamped on scraps of patterned paper using Wendy Vecchi's Doodle Celebration set, which only debuted last summer, but... all the other items used on this card are at least a few years old and some are distinctly elderly. For example, my sparkly animals are fussycut from a Creative Imaginations paper I bought when my nieces (now college aged) were small; the flowers are Scenic Route, which I think closed nearly a decade ago; and the colorful faux polaroids are Echo Park circa 2017. I've rounded up a few older brads for extra texture and turned the entire thing into an oversized slimline card.

Be sure to visit SOS to see what the other designers have made to inspire you!   

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you dug deep in your stash for this one. I really like the theme and the layout, some little person is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go shopping your stash!! Fantastic kiddo card...I love the mixture of animals and presents!! Great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "a time for presents" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. #SOS486

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of "antique" items there to make a super cute slimline birthday card, I was thinking birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~