Friday, August 13, 2021

Cardstock Christmas

Yikes! This fortnight at Jingle Belles we're proving that we don't just "stack the deck" with our favorite techniques; sometimes we challenge ourselves, too! Apart from the dreaded one layer CAS card, I find making cards without patterned paper to be about the most difficult, so of course that's what we're doing this time. You can stamp, stencil, diecut, paint, watercolor, doodle, emboss, gel print or embark on any other technique you'd like, but you cannot use ANY commercial patterned paper. (Did I already say, "yikes"?! I think I did...

Luckily, I remembered a technique I did years ago, layering lots of torn cardstock pieces and then diecutting with one of my oldest xmas tree dies, so that was my first port of call. I diecut the reindeer from some thin wood veneer and, for the first time in about six months, remembered that I have embossing folders, yay! I used an ancient snowy e/f on some Core'dinations cardstock, then sanded it lightly to let the darker blue core show up better. Glitter paper snow, Eyelet Outlet Pearl accents and an embossed dotted blue cardstock mat complete my texture-centric design.

Head on over to Jingle Belles to see what Stephanie (who is much less designer-paper-addicted than I am!) has done with this challenging prompt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~