Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Just a Card...

...for my sister's birthday. She and her kids were planning to visit friends near Orlando for the big event, but due to CoVid, that's been postponed until later this summer. So I made her a Florida card, instead.


I used mostly vintagey things-- a map, an illustration from a travel book and part of a postcard-- to convey her advanced age, lol! (Ok, technically, she is younger than me!) I found this fun flowery surfboard and the starfish on am Echo Park sticker sheet from a few years ago. The flowers are various Prima and Prima-like entities, with brads from October Afternoon, Amy Tangerine and SEI. I used this week's Sketch Saturday (#614) so I'd know where everything went.


It's kind of a big card (just over 7" square) but then this was kind of a big birthday, so that works! Happy Birthday, Amie! ♥ 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, at first I thought it was a scrapbook page, it looks large. All the elements are great, love the bunch of flowers. Great use of the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~