Friday, March 27, 2020

A Very Vintage Christmas

This fortnight at Jingle Belles, we're asking you to create a card with a vintage or retro vibe… either by using new products that are vintage-in-style OR by incorporating actual vintage items into your design... or heck, really go for it and use both! 


I went with mostly real vintage because it's sorta my thang, lol! I went collage-y for the same reason. But of course there are loads of fabulous brand new stamps and paper lines that will get you a similar effect; for that matter you could use vintage elements in a CAS card! There are lots of ways to go with this! I've combined a poinsettia fussycut from a vintage Ideals Magazine, a collage of sheet music and text papers overlaid with some fun Red Stamps and at the end I added ancient lace and brand new, but I've had them awhile 7Gypsies velvetty leaves for texture! 

Just in case you have NOTHING at all to use for this challenge, hop over to Jingle Belles where I've added a few scans of vintage items from my own hoard/collection; also there's a chance for one lucky random cardmaker to win a fun prize of older goodies from my Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff! ♥

2 comments:

  1. As always you can wear many crowns at the same time. Queen of collage, Queen of Vintage and Queen of inspiration. There are not enough words to describe how much I love your card. it is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL :)
    vintage........... another word for old, think i will say i am vintage from now on LOL

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~