Friday, July 26, 2019

Rustic Glam Redux

We're still making cards based on elements from this beautiful inspiration photo at Jingle Belles and you're still invited to join the fun!


Having gone seriously Maximalist last week, I had intended to pare down this time. (I stress the word INTENDED in that sentence, lol.) I was still very inspired by the incredible tree, and wanted to make a bauble-shaped card which was mostly white-on-white, but with little hits of green. That part did actually happen. The pared-down-ness... not so much... 


I started with a fairly neutral base of nearly white from Prima's Pretty Pale Collection, because I had what I thought might be a pretty cool idea: to add some snowflake stickers, as well as punching some snowflakes right into my bauble shape. I popped the area directly around the snowflakes up on foam tape so that there'd be a sense of depth between the layers, but I left the edges flat. Then I sewed around the two layers. Up until this point, my bauble-shaped card was still pretty CAS. I embellished with some fussycut patterned paper leaves and added a seam-binding bow to the top. Still sorta CAS. I figured it couldn't hurt to add just a few flowers, from various collections, old and new. I may have got sliiiiiiightly carried away, because as you can see: it's no longer even remotely clean or simple, lol. Ah well. I do love how it came out and I think it's a nice tribute to the tree in the inspo photo. 


Stephanie has another awesome card to inspire you and of course there is a tiny little prize for one random cardmaker this fortnight. You know, if you like that sorta thing? You should probably head over to Jingle Belles and check it out... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~