Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Book 'Em!

I recently enjoyed "The Library Book" by Susan Orlean and it inspired me to get out my Eyelet Outlet Book Brads --and Book Tape-- to make some fun cards!


I love that the packets of Book Brads contain both colorful books and more neutral ones.I used five of the colorful ones for my first card, and went vertical with them... to make a whole entire shelf of books. I attached my computer generated sentiment (the free font is called "Bohemian Typewriter") to a fun yellow reproduction library catalog card, added some red Heart Enamels and placed the whole thing on a background of texty patterned paper adorned with Heart Washi, Star Tape and some Skinny Washi strips.


The sentiment on my second card is one I saw on a t-shirt in a book lover's catalog some months ago, and wrote down in my ideas notebook. I printed it on a clear ink jet label in a free font called "Beach Condensed" and affixed it to another faux library card. This time I used our beautiful Book Tape as an accent on both the sentiment card and the background, added just one stack of neutral Book Brads and a single Heart Enamel.


It just goes to show that time spent reading OR crafting is NEVER wasted! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~