Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Post With the Most

Don't get me wrong, I love technology, but there's something about finding an actual card or letter in the mailbox that makes the whole day brighter, don't you think? I love to send snail mail to my friends and family, especially cards! So I was pretty excited when I saw these Eyelet Outlet Mail Brads:


And I really love that each packet contains both mailboxes and envelopes!


Speaking of envelopes, I've become somewhat obsessed with making my own custom ones, that match my cards! And my favorite decoration for them is (of course) Washi Tape


In this case, I've used the same mixture of tapes on both my card and the matching envelope: Red White and Blue Striped Washi, Air Mail Washi, Skinny Heart Washi, Gold Script Tape and my favorite Hearts Tape. I've used them in straight lines on the card, to highlight the focal image with the Mail Brads on it; but placed them at a diagonal on the envelope, to add extra interest to the vintage dictionary paper. 


I've placed the Red White and Blue Striped Washi, around the edges of a pale blue cardstock panel on both the card and the address label, and trimmed it to slightly less than half its normal width... to mimic the look of old-time airmail envelopes. 


A few hand-cut hearts and a label-maker sentiment seemed to enhance the nostalgic mood, and instantly we're back to the 1970's, when this lovely old eight cent stamp could transport your kind thoughts across town or country!




I'm also linking up with Brown Sugar Challenge Blog's current theme, "Washi Tape" (challenge #251):




Meanwhile my lovely Wednesday partner, Carri, has something wonderful to show you, so I hope you'll scroll down and see that when you're over at the Eyelet Outlet Blog! ♥

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... what eye-candy this is! I loved your card but then ... you added that fabulous envelope. Fantastic job this week, Lauren. Please come back and share your work with us next week on the Sketch Saturday blog!
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Lauren, your card is amazing! I saw it in the Sketch Saturday gallery. Hope you are well my friend and thanks for playing along at Sketch Saturday ;) Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I too, saw your card at Sketch Saturday and also thought it was AMAZING!!!! This is a real WOWzer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, this is amazing! I'm a bit late with my comment, but thanks so much for sharing this with us over at Sketch Saturday! I love that you paired the wonderful card with your beautifully designed envelope. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~