Tuesday, May 16, 2017

putting the FAB in fabric

this week's challenge at shopping our stash is called "project runway" and we want you to tap into your stash of fabric, whether that be in the form of fabric swatches, burlap or canvas embellies, fabric paper, fabric tape... if it's fabric, it's fair game! i have a bunch of cool fabric tape, actually, that often gets overlooked in my passion for the sheer variety of washi, so i made a point of combining them together this time!

architectural drawing, paint chip and notebook paper from my stash; fabric tape: freckled fawn, love my tapes and little b; washi tape: eyelet outlet, doodlebug, freckled fawn, little b, october afternoon; alphabet stamps: tim holtz/stampers anonymous; ink: ranger archival; bookring: staples; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, staples

if this rainbow swatch book looks familiar, it may be because i posted a similar volume a couple of weeks ago, when i announced my may and june classes at paper anthology. i made a very similar book as a sample for the class and dropped it off at the store, but quickly realized that i needed an actual working copy to keep for myself and use as a record all of my inks, paints and markers! so this one will be the "keeper" and i've already started adding the colors i own.


i divided the book into sections, and i've scribbled swatches of my gelatos, pens and markers, but i've stamped all the inks, as you can see in the photo below. i've tried to keep like colors together, so it makes it easy to determine just WHICH SPECIFIC green distress ink i'd like to use for any particular project:


there are loads more awesome crafty uses for fabric on display at SOS, courtesy of my amazing design team darlings! do give yourself a treat and hop over to see them! ♥

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    So much I adore about this fab(ric) project lady!!
    Why have I never thought to punch shapes with my paint strips??? Sheeesh - that is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so cool, Lauren! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... not only do I love the cover here and always admire your washis, I love the idea of this book! I wish I could freeze time and start one right away! (Currently, I have different stacks of paper and library cards around with samples... love the idea of a book I could just hang in arm's reach... cheers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lauren, what a gorgeous project, love how you are recording all of the colors you own, beautifully done as always.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I LOVE the idea behind your swatch book, and the cover you created for it looks AMAZING! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~