Tuesday, October 14, 2014

hello, sweetie!

ok, so, that's NOT a doctor who reference, though i did briefly consider making a "river song" birthday card for my friend josh.* but in fact the title is actually this week's challenge at shopping our stash for which we'd like to see a "sweet" theme of some sort, in honor of saturday, october 18th being "sweetest day". you could make something for your "sweetie" and/or include images of sweets like cupcakes or candy on your project. guess which i did? yes, indeedy, sweets... especially cupcakes... are kind of a favorite of mine, both artistically and nutritionally, lol. here's my card:

patterned paper: amy tangerine and dear lizzy- both by american crafts, creative imaginations, basic grey, echo park, crate paper; birthday tickets and make a wish journal card: october afternoon; cupcake sticker: echo park; brad: american crafts; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape

once again, i've used the current (oct 10) sketch at stuck on you sketches. i'm really loving those lately, i suppose because i like to make cards with lots (and lots!) (and LOTS!) of layers, and their sketches seem to have just the right level of detail for me. of course, most normal folk would use these on a 12x12 layout; but obviously "normal" is not a word that gets used very often in the laurniverse! :)



i'm sure you'd like to jump on over to SOS now and see what the other DT members have made, i assure you it's always a trip worth making, but this week we have the lovely ira huberts as our guest designer, so be sure to leave her some love! ♥

*i might still do it, actually, i mean who wouldn't like a river song birthday card??! unless you've never seen doctor who and you have no idea what i'm talking about, in which case i suppose it'd fall a bit flat, wouldn't it? yeah. sorry. my friend josh would definitely love it, tho! :)

12 comments:

  1. Love this sweet, fun, layered card! Surely I have some sweets stashed so I can play along!
    The sketch you used is fabulous!
    Shanna
    p.s. My boys are so into Doctor Who! I was thrilled to find a bathrobe for my November birthday boy that looks like a tardis (at HMV) - my youngest is going to love it!!! It's especially appropriate for him since he has always loved hanging around the house in his fuzzy bathrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- very cute and do I need to say "sweet??"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of layering on this fabulous cupcake card. super job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw that sketch at Stuck On You Sketches I immediately thought of you! You do More Is More soooo well!

    And sadly, I am one of three people on the planet who has never seen a Dr Who episode. Please don't shun me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Lauren, what a fab take on the sketch! Love the great retro feel, those! Thanks for having me around for a couple of weeks, lol! Take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the sketch Missus!
    Geeez OH Pete...why didn't I use a cupcake for this challenge???? Mmmmmmm cupcake!
    I love all the layering and embellies you use on your card, how to you do that without making it look like a hot mess???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love what you've done here....super! The mix looks fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artistically & nutritionally! lol! A girl after my own heart :) The tickets & the scrabble tile sentiment? LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing take on our sketch and I absolutely adore your card..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love this card! Love all the layers! Love the cupcake! (Artistically and nutritionally!) Love it, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is simply stunning! I love how you used the sketch! Eli for SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful use of our sketch Lauren. Loving all the layers. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~