Friday, November 15, 2013

more traditional traditions! :)

we're still thinking about-- and making cards inspired by-- our favorite holiday traditions over at JINGLE BELLES; here's what i made this week:

(vintage: s and h green stamps that the amazing stephanie found at an estate sale and generously shared with my swooning self! :) :) :) patterned paper: echo park, love elsie, making memories + a bit of prima packaging; jenni bowlin bingo card (resized slightly and printed on matte cardstock; crate paper fireplace diecut; sizzix xmas tree die; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)
one of the reasons hanging the stockings is *STILL* one of my favorite traditions is that jeff and i discovered, the first christmas we were married, that the childhood stockings each of our mothers had knitted for us actually MATCHED. i mean, *what* are the odds of that??!?!


some years later, i was bitten by the counted cross stitch bug, and in a fit of ambitiousness that still amazes me, i spent nearly nine months making us another set of matching stockings:


but now, let's get back to papercrafting; specifically, today's card. i used this gorgeous sketch from sunday stamps; however, since didn't actually do any stamping, i'm not entirely sure my card qualifies? i'm submitting it anyway, just in case, because their sketch really did inspire me to add more (and more interesting!) elements than i would have on my own, so i thank them for that! :)


speaking of coincidences, miss stephanie also made a stocking-related card (in fact, she made hers first!) which i'm positive you will love seeing, so why not jump over to JINGLE BELLES right now?!

4 comments:

  1. Such thee awesome card...LOVE the stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love the card! Love the sketch. But I LOVE the stockings!! Both sets! Your moms BOTH knitted you Christmas stockings and they match!?! That's amazing! And I am quite sure I have the patterns for both of the stockings you made! I subscribed to Cross Stitch & Country Crafts for years and still have all the old issues!! Great job stitching those! I've always admired them but never actually stitched one….
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute that they match!!! That's amazing. I never really had a stocking. I'm sure my mom had a few here or there. But we never did "stockings" presents. I was an only child. It was just me and my parents most Christmas' or we'd drive down to FL to be with my grandparents way back when. (I'm originally from Indy) My boys don't have stockings either. I guess that's my holiday tradition going forward. No stockings! lol. I always send you holiday gifts! ;) I be gatherin' and a gatherin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hanging stockings too although I don't have any from my childhood. We raided Dad's sock drawer and got the biggest socks we could find! Love your card with the cozy fireplace holding the stockings and the Christmas tree beside it.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~