Friday, November 30, 2012

strictly speaking, this ornament is a bit too large for the tree :) :) :)

well hello and happy-almost-weekend! this being the first friday since the official end of our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ 2012 xmas-card-making year*, i thought it would be nice to start things off with... ahem... ok, yeah, it's still a christmas card, lol!

 (patterned paper: mme, glitz, love elsie, echo park, dcwv + a bit of packaging from the girls' paperie; mini bingo card: jenni bowlin; dimensional ornament sticker: crate paper; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

because let's face it, this is the time of year the rest of the world is really tuned in to christmas cards, and whilst i have the bulk of mine completed, a few "extras" never ever go amiss, do they? plus there are some excellent challenges out there in which i can enjoy being a player rather than a hostess, which is awfully fun! for example, kimber mcgray's saturday card sketch challenge at two peas is rather awesome this week:


and when paired with the palette at colour q it's even better!


of course, for me, trying to do anything even remotely "clean and simple"... (which, ok, admittedly, this card would not be considered by ANYONE ELSE, but for me, it IS, so just go with me here, for the sake of argument, k?!) ...takes approximately 97 times longer than my usual super-embellished style. don't get me wrong, most of the time, i love having the "collage gene" but when i see the pared down masterpieces other people make, i just occasionally wish it came with an off switch. but in the end, i got there, and if my card certainly cannot be called "minimalist" by anyone, ever, i think it's got a certain low-key charm. :)

speaking of C+S masterpieces, you should check out patrice's blog, the old back porch, where she is constantly pulling off the kind of super-sleek style that makes me sigh! oh yeah, and why not link up with 52-card-pick-up whilst you are there?! ciao, darlings! ♥

*we'll start up again for the 2013 jingle belles season on january 1st, and we'd ♥LOVE♥ for you to join us! in the meantime, there's a sort of "anything christmassy goes" linkfest goin' on over there, with a bit of a prize up for grabs... just sayin'...

14 comments:

  1. You always make such delightful holiday cards. Great combination of elements and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you guys STARTED I have thought "I should do that too!" and I'm thinking this is the year. I know December will still be chock full o' Christmas nuts, but maybe I won't quite go so "All Christmas All the Time" if I dole out the holiday awesomeness bit by bit.
    (Best laid plans, famous last words, whatever you want to say there...lol)
    Love that bingo card, and hey, everyone's got their own style. I happen to love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to seriously rock the sketch...I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this! Everytime I come here, I just love what you've put together....always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sketch and your card is a terrific take on it ... Love what you did ... and just for the record Miss L ... I couldn't teach you anything ... your talent always shines (But nice that you left me such a compliment ... Made my day ... but then your comments always do) ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE your style of CAS :)
    beautiful card and awesome take on the sketch :)

    *my cards have all been mailed out so starting on next years!! lol
    and yes jingle belles was a huge part in making that happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pegged those colors perfectly, Lauren... how pretty... and a great take on the sketch! I see you did some more recycling with packaging... you are somethin' else, girl!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see no: lace, ribbon, pearls, glitter, rhinestones, trim, tinsel, buttons, bows, flowers....its CAS as far as I'm concerned! lol ;) Beautiful card!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card.. It is pretty hard to do a CAS card isn't it? Love all the fabulous layers here..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so perfectly Lauren-y with your color choices, inky edges, and fab mix of elements (bingo card, tree, ornament, gem scallop, banners).

    I actually feel comforted when I pop by your blog and see a Lauren-y card; it is re-assuring that all is right with the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren, I love your multilayered cards as much as you love my simple ones - even that GIGANTIC ORNAMENT!!! Thanks for linking up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone you make is unique but a signature of you ... This is lovely and I will be linking up again at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have two more Christmas cards to make. I hope to make one maybe tomorrow or some day soon. I'm running out of days! I love this one. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~