Monday, January 9, 2012

one more "wrap star" moment...

...just because this one actually does involve proper papercrafting!  these are the gift card holders i made, using this great template by kristina werner, for our eldest niece and nephew's i-tunes gift cards:

(patterned paper: echo park; stickers: american crafts, recollections, paperchase; ribbon: michaels; red glossy cardstock: jam paper; ink: colorbox; eyelets (inside, unseen): oriental trading co; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, xyron)

i stuck to the instructions pretty much straight down the line. one exception being that i adhered a piece of coordinating patterned paper to the back of the holder AND to the reverse of the red cardstock for a little more interest inside the holder.  also, instead of securing inner pocket (which, again, is INSIDE--sorry i should have a pic of that!) with brads, i used small eyelets; partially because i thought they'd be stronger, but mostly so i would not have the ugly metal "legs" of the brads sticking out on the back of the holder. 

yes. i am that "detail-oriented" (feel free to use a different expression for that... but not to my face, ok?!) :)


i used small lumps of blu-tack to secure the g/c holders to the back of these little (store-bought) candy boxes which i trimmed up with the kids' initials, a little wired holly trim, and some more of those cute ornaments from hilo hattie!  mele kalikimaka, darlings!!! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Saw some fabric the other day and immediately thought of you. Had to buy it. Got to love hula dancing ladies I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them...I gotta get cracking on my JB card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how fabulous are these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrap star...you rock blog punny titles, my friend, but this may be my favorite :)

    I love your gift card holders and your Hawaii ornament boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh.... I just love that you've brought Hawaii home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute~!! I love this. One day, One day, I will be as good as wrapping and presentation as you. Goodness. THis is so pretty. I love those gift cards. I need to make some of these before Christmas. I think one of the jinglebelles challenges should be to make some gift card holders like this or a card with a giftcard holder on the outside or inside. I mean we ALL need at least one or two of them at the holidays. That way we could get them done in advance too like the cards. If this becomes a prompt I totally want to be in on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~