Wednesday, June 9, 2010

making a scene...

...for the current challenge at something completely different! this month the format is going to be "skinnis". (ok, no, i hadn't heard of them either; but they're 3x5" and kind of fun!) every friday SCD will give us a new theme--this week's is HOME and here is my skinni:


(patterned paper: prima, doodlebug, basic grey + vintage book paper & a bit of marbly red from an advertisement; cardstock: core'dinations whitewash collection (embossed with paisley cuttlebug folder); label die: nestibilities; bird rubber stamp: hero arts; flowers: prima; decorative woodgrain packing tape: tapeswell; spray inks (used to make background): glimmer mist, radiant rain & a couple of (HEY MARI!!!) distress ink + perfect pearls custom combos! :) adhesives: uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape)


my drawing skills are seriously limited and date from in nursery school, but one thing i can draw, or even freehand-cut confidently, is clouds! (also trees and big funky flowers...actually i draw the same thing for all three and just change to an appropriate color in between!!!) :) when i saw heidi's herringbone-embossed clouds the other day i knew i wanted to try a similar look...how cool to have the chance this soon! (mine are paisley, but i still love 'em.) meanwhile, the second card in this post of leslie's reminded me how much i love nestie labels...and makes me want to try layering several shapes together! (i kind of ran out of room on this thing, so it's just got one, but NEXT TIME, i tell ya!!!)

the entire time i was working i had the traditional sentiment "home is where the HEART is" in mind; only at the very verrrrrrry end (when i was actually TYPING the words, in fact) did it occur to me to substitute ART, but i think that might be my favorite thing on here! ♥

11 comments:

  1. I love it!! Love it. So cool. The tree is probably my fav with the little flowers as leaves. GReatness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling scene!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot woot...I LOVE this...something about homes on cards that makes me oh-so-happy!!! i'd take a houndstooth pattern home anyday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In some way I am going to have steal that whole idea of the tree and the round leaf cut-outs.

    Wish you had been with me tonight, instead of paints at painting we did stamps. I thought of you while we were playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I LOVE this Lauren!! So, so cute and, of course, your clouds are awesome!!

    Love your sentiment too, so true!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous skinny. Love the clouds behind the house. It's all so wonderful. Love the saying too. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embossed clouds ... flower trees ... sounds like home to me ... ♥ it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image you have created. Great make.Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, paisley clouds! Brilliant! Your card is so much fun, it makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute!! love your funky clouds!! super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~