in the meantime, leah pointed out that i've *NEVER* done one of her challenges at design dollies! (OOF! how did i manage THAT??! sorry, missus!) so i decided to take up the current color challenge to use orange, red and one neutral!
and here's my card!
(patterned paper: rouge de garance, the paper co, crafty secrets + homemade!!!; glossy black cardstock: ranger; spray ink: glimmer mist, smoosh spritz; ink pads: colorbox, staz-on; embossing powder: psx; stamps: hero arts, autumn leaves; white pen: inkssentials; gems: prima; embossing folder: cuttlebug; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)
ok, admittedly, it's not a patch on mari's...but i am quite proud of myself! my background is spray inked rather than blended timmishly, because that was what i had in the appropriate colors. since i had a bit more "blank space" in my background, i also went in lightly with a pattern stamp and a bit of red ink to spice it up a bit. and finally, at the very end, i went back and made a second butterfly to mount atop the first with foam tape... (you cannot really tell in the pic, but irl it makes a huge difference!) ...because, yes, i admit it...i am allergic to flat cards!
midway through the design process, when it turned out that my "bandana" panel was going to be rectangular, i realized i could use kazan's sketch #48 to streamline my assembly process...so i did!
♥ thanks, you guys!!! ♥