Saturday, November 15, 2008

(told ya)

let the
monsta phase
commence!!! :)

(patterned paper: american crafts, basic grey, dcwv + red sparkly giftwrap; vintage slidemount, eyelet & rickrack courtesy of the lovely debb; monsta cut from paperchase giftwrap; puffy felt flower: paper source; chipboard button: love elsie; fibers: basic grey; stickpins: joann essentials; epoxies: around the block; other: colorbox inks, dymo labels, fiskars border punch, foam tape)
this was a super-fun, super-fast card to make! partly because i followed kazan's delightful sketch #13 from 2 sketches 4 you; partly because i had cool new stuff (monsters + vintage goodies) i was dying to use; and partly because i took a tip from the lovely june houck and grabbed my xmas paper scrap file for the card base (a pre-folded offcut from a bigger card) and the layers of decorative papers.
grand total of xmas cards made to date: ...ummmmmm...2...which, ok, on the downside, is only about 4% of what i need...but on the upside, represents a 50% increase over last week!
hope the weekend finds you well and brings you LOTS of time to make stuff!!!
~♥~

19 comments:

  1. Oh he is a cutie! Great card! BTW you are ahead of me on the Christmas cards! I know I need to start cards and gifts- maybe next week......Does thinking about it count? debb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your math! 50% increase! Too funny!

    Oh, and I have no luck making collage-y cards like this, so I don't. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u crack me up...I'm definitely going to enjoy your monstaphase....soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my freakin GAWD- this is sooooo adorable!!!! LOVE it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *wow*!!! really, really great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha great Christmas card!! I love the monsters. So cute. Can't wait to see what else you make. You should try to get a monsta themed Caardvark challenge going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!!! See, that's why you're so amazing...I never would have thought of monsters for Christmas cards!!! LOL....completely laurentastic xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fun take on Kazan's sketch.... LOVE the monster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stinkin cute is this, love your little monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry you took the words right out of my mouth - this is sooo stinkin cute and bright and fun...Let the MONSTER PRAISE begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is adorable!! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. The monster is cute.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone needs a little monster for the holidays ... so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that turned out so cute!!! i love that monsta:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm love, love, loving your little monster! So cute! and what a totally fun and original Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you seen that sweetie advert where the guy keeps shouting "Bring on the Trumpets!" for no apparent reason? Maybe it's just in the UK. But these cards really make me want to shout "Bring on the Monsters!"

    And that's a good thing. Honest.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My word Laure!!!I loves your monster card..It`s fabulous:)~X~

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~