Tuesday, July 30, 2024

SOS527: Up, Up and Away

This fortnight at Shopping Our Stash we're celebrating BALLOONS! They could be of the hot air variety or the kind you buy for birthdays, new babies and graduations, just feature one or more balloons on your project.

I've had Lawn Fawn's adorable Party Balloons set for probably two years and I think this might be the second time I've used them; which is NUTS, obviously. I've had the LF Giant Happy Birthday die even longer and have neglected it even more shockingly. The dinosaur is from Spellbinders' Monster Birthday collection and I've only had it for a few months and have used it more often. This particular paper piecing was part of the rough draft for one of the cards in my Here Be Monsters Class in a Kit and I thought he was adorable, but then I realized for that card, the stripey Lily Bee patterned paper would work better as grass on which the dino was standing, so he became a "leftover". Since I was diecutting fairly small items, I was able to use up quite a few scraps; since I needed a card for a young boy, the scraps I chose were all in blues and greens.

Check out all of the awesome cards the Crew have made to inspire you, then start planning what you'll link up with us. SOS527:Up, Up and Away runs until the evening of Monday, August 11th.

2 comments:

  1. How adorable is that Dino!! I love my HUGE birthday die it makes an almost instant card and works well for "men". Love those paperpieced balloons, just a perfect "boy" card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute take on our new challenge!! I love your choice of patterned papers!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Another great card to inspire those that decide to play along with our new "Up, Up, and Away" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. (I almost missed getting mine added...jet lag will kick you in the butt). #SOS527

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~