Friday, March 8, 2024

Prepare to DIE(cut!) (Again!)

It's week two of our celebration of diecutting at Jingle Belles and this week I've used three dies to make two versions of one card. See?


Penny Black's Glorious Poinsettia is my focal image and I cut it several times from green and from red to make it more substantial and to emphasize the petals and leaves. I also used two of the three dies in Tim Holtz's Sizzix Mixed Media Christmas set to create background patterns using negative space, then layered the pierced backgrounds onto contrasting colors. As you can see, I have no problem at all with combining multiple patterned papers; and NO, for the record, I've never met a Christmas plaid I didn't love!

Jingle Belles' diecutting challenge runs until next Wednesday evening, March 13th. Hop over and see Stephanie's card, take a look at the Readers' Gallery and start planning what you'll link up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~