Friday, May 29, 2015

snow far, snow good :)

ok, yeah, before you ask, this week's diabolical title has been inflicted on the blog-reading public, both here and at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ entirely by me and is not stephanie's fault at all, except that when i do stuff like this she doesn't bludgeon me to death with an extra large jar of embossing powder to discourage future episodes! :) :) :) and yes, what it means, as i'm sure you've already realized, is that this week we are still rockin' the snowpersons, the snowflakes, the snowscapes and all other snow-encrusted holiday greetings. here's mine:

patterned paper: echo park, pebbles, basic grey; snow jar sticker: pebbles; tree sticker: echo park; flower layers and frame: basic grey; brad: mme; ink:colorbox; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

having built my last few cards from the ground up, i was sort of in the mood to make something that was 100% pre-made products, starting with that adorable snowman (or woman?) inna jar. i added a fun frame, stickers, cloth + paper flower layers and a scrap of ribbon, and stacked the whole thing on a top of collection of paper scraps i made into a festive background.

want to see some more great snowy card ideas? stephanie has also made a fab card, it's over at JINGLE BELLES right now, just waiting for you to come and visit!

3 comments:

  1. This is super fun and cute! Fun colour combo and adorable focal point. You might just convince me to swing back into to holiday card making mode! I have been concentrated on building my birthday and thank you/thinking of you card stash in the past few weeks as they were sadly lacking. Maybe I can get back to Christmas...
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I hope that jar is air-conditioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying hard to think snow so I can make a card to link up but I'm having troubles LOL! Love your snow'person' card Lauren and what a great background.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~