Sunday, October 4, 2026

Cupcakes, Anyone?

Here's a shocking true confession: I don't cook. At all. Having been lucky enough to marry a man who is, in addition to his many other fine qualities, an *awesome* cook; in 41 years, I've probably made dinner eight or nine times, and I'd estimate that six of those consisted of microwaving the leftovers of something he made in the first place. But... I do love to make CUPCAKES... out of yarn, obviously. 


This adorable Amigurumi Cupcake Pattern is one of the first I ever downloaded, probably fifteen years ago, and I was delighted to see that it's still available for free on Nimoe's Blog.* I used Lion Brand Yarn's Vanna's Choice, which is my favorite yarn for amigurumi. The difference in the sizes of these cupcakes is just a variation of hook size; and, for the record, the blue one is not super-crookedy irl, I'm not sure why it looks odd, lol.

I grabbed some inexpensive cupcake boxes from the confectionary section of my crafty big box store, which I think really adds to the presentation. Plus, it made the cupcakes a lot easier to wrap! 

*Where there's also an outstanding Neko Cat Pattern that I enjoyed making, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~