Friday, October 25, 2024

Happy Narwhal-idays!

This fortnight at Jingle Belles, the prompt is called, "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks" which is a nice musical reference to the fact that we want to see critters (lambs, reindeer, penguins, robins) or creatures (yeti, monsters) in any style you'd like. I went with narwhals, as you can see:

As I was getting out my much-loved Lawn Fawn Winter Narwhal mini stamp set, I also found a sadly neglected Critters in the Arctic set, as well as Jen Long's Tons of Love Sizzix stamp and die set and Rubber Moon's adorable Nerdy Narwhal. (Those latter two, sadly, are out of print though the Lawn Fawn sets are still available.) And since obviously it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to just choose one of the above, I decided to stamp my own little pod of narwhals to star in their own punny card inspired by my favorite Narwhal and Jellie book, "Happy Narwhalidays"! I used stripey Thickers and Doodlebug My Type alphas to create the sentiment, clustered the paper-pieced pod around it, added a few mats and called it good!

"While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks" (JB2421) will run until Wednesday, November 6th and you're invited to link up with us at Jingle Belles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~