Monday, August 21, 2023

MM35: Wendy Vecchi Inks and Stamps

It's a Very Vecchi Mandala Monday, thanks to my well-loved collection of Wendy's Archival Inks from Ranger and her beauteous background stamps which I've used in quite a random manner. 


In the spirit of full disclosure: I sat down to paint the basic shapes in Archival shades with a waterbrush full of Isopropyl Alcohol and my little spritzer bottle of the same... and as I worked, my sketchbook page started to warp. This NEVER happens with rubbing alcohol, only with water, so I was a bit perplexed. As it turned out, my spritzer was NOT full of isopropyl, it was filled with water! I thought about starting over, but then decided to keep going, rolled with the slight patchiness of the color, added lots of grungy stamping and voila... this fun and funky mandala is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~