Tuesday, June 20, 2023

SOS499: Sentimentally Yours

It's a bit of a tricky one this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash as we put the emphasis on the SENTIMENT. So pull out those quotation or sentiment stamps; or maybe look into your already stamped/printed stack and see if you have any waiting to be used? The challenge is to use a sentiment or quote as the focal point of your card... no colored images or stamped images. Let's make THE WORDS the focus on this project! Are you ready? Here's what I made:


Being a diecutting enthusiast, I have a few sentiment dies. Ok, it turns out I have quite a few sentiment dies! More than I actually realized until I them all out. Sooooooooo... change of plans: Instead of choosing one sentiment as my focus, how about if I filled the entire card front with diecut sentiments in a variety of sizes, shapes, fonts and colors?! After a few false starts, I actually just randomly began gluing them onto some gridded paper and hoping for the best! Amazingly, this worked pretty well, though I did wind up getting out a couple of smaller alphabet sets to fill in the spaces. I cannot tell a lie, I LOVE how this came out!

Die sets used: Penny Black's Bloom/Magical; Catherine Pooler's Spot On Sentiments; Spellbinders' Simply Perfect Mix and Match Sentiments; Lawn Fawn's Hello Border; Concord & 9th's Yay Dies; Sunny Studio's Happy; Essentials by Ellen's Totally Fabulous;My Favorite Things' Connected Alphabet; Impression Obsession's Typewriter Alphabet; Lawn Fawn's Henry's and Cole's ABCs. Other supplies: colorful scraps of cardstock (mostly My Colors and Core'dinations) in too many shades to list; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metallic Kraft-core; gridded patterned paper of unknown origin; Eyelet Outlet Sequins.

Head over to SOS to see how the other Crew Members have tackled this challenge, then start thinking what YOU will make to link up with us this fortnight!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go shopping your stash!! All those sentiment dies...fantastic!! It makes an awesome background!! It is a great way to create a colorful sentimental background!! Your card will be great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new "Sentimentally Yours" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! #SOS499

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be really pleased with the design of your card, way to think outside the sentiment box. It is so colourful and brilliant. Love ite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! I wanted to fo something like that but I am basically a lazy crafter and that was way too much die cutting! :D)
    Seriously, it is a very creative and cheery design!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~