Friday, September 23, 2022

Merry Sketch-mas

We've got a fabulous sketch challenge this fortnight at Jingle Belles, thanks to the very talented Stephanie; so we'll be making cards based on this helpful roadmap:


And here's how I used the sketch this week:


Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic has been around for ages, and every time I see it, I'm a bit sad that I didn't purchase it when it was available. Much to my surprise, when I mentioned that to my friend Elisabeth at Paper Anthology a month or so ago, she said, "Oh I think I can still order that!" and sure enough... it arrived this week! I decided to paper piece the critters and add them to the diamond shape in the sketch, on which I fashioned (very abstract) layers of sky, snow and water. In my washi stash, I found the perfect grey tape to act as a sentiment. I matted out the design with some silvery Lawn Fawn snowflakes and a bit of stylized graph paper. To give the critters enough room, my diamond got a bit bigger than I planned, so I slightly truncated the sketch, in order to make it fit a 6" square card.


I hope you'll visit Jingle Belles to see what Stephanie has made and then start planning your own festive Sketch Card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~