Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Another Year Races By

I may be slightly obsessed with the new Eyelet Outlet Classic Car Brads, so please forgive me if I overuse them! For today I just have two cards, which seems manageable, right?


A great many of my cards start with a sentiment. In this case, my first idea was inspired by the fact that the Classic Car Brads look pretty sporty, which made me think of racing, and of course the older I get the faster the years race by! I printed my sentiment in a font called Cafe Rojo on a clear inkjet label and stuck it to a little paper flag. I made a fun background from a slightly distressed green patterned paper that I adorned with randomly placed strips of Tire Track Washi Tape, and punched a few 1" circles in the panel. Then I affixed the Car Brads to scraps of vintage map that i had backed with some plain white cardstock and adhered those BEHIND the punched circles, so my cars appeared through the windows.


My second idea was inspired by the Revved Up Gift Set I made this summer. It featured a vintage car illustration cut from an old falling apart book, but it occurred to me that if I scaled everything down to a smaller size, the same basic idea would work with the Classic Car Brads. I diecut some small nested label shapes and set my Car Brads, along with a Compass Brad. Then I set about building a card to hold them!


Nearly everything I used was also featured in the Gift Set, I just made it all a bit smaller to fit an A2 card. I placed artfully torn Brick Tape and strips of Sparkle Copper Foil Tape in a horizontal band across the card. I layered on some blueprint-inspired patterned paper, then added more tape: the Tire Track Washi and some fun Map Tape. I used another computer printed sentiment, this one in my favorite typewriter font, which reads, "You're a Classic"!


I hope you'll be inspired to RACE over to the Eyelet Outlet Store and grab some Classic Car Brads for yourself! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~