Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Narwhals, Narwhals (Plus Brads and Washi Tape!)

I don't know about you, but I look forward to Spring more and more every year. I love the warmer weather, watching my lawn turn green and my daffodils bloom and... I know there will be new Brads and Washi Tape in the Eyelet Outlet Store! There are about three dozen new varieties of tape, and frankly I love them all. But when I saw the Cloud Washi and Water Tape, I immediately wanted to "make a scene"! But literally. In card form. Like this:


Of course, it didn't hurt that I had a brand new, adorable narwhal stamp that I was dying to use. But this idea is a bit more flexible than it seems at first. Because you could swap the narwhal for a whale, a dolphin, a mermaid... basically ANY cute sea creature would work! I got a bit artsy with my sky, using intermittent strips of the Cloud Washi, which I tore to fit around lyrics from The Narwhal Song, which I happen to love. But you could skip the typing and just make a nice neat cloudy sky above a Water Tape ocean. Once I had my background finished, it was time to have some fun with brads! I added Sun and Clouds towards the top, a pair of cute Fish Brads and a pink Heart Brad. My card is a 5.5" square, but this would also work as an A2. You'll notice that at every stage of this design I've said, "...but you could do *this* instead..." which I felt was starting to sound a bit lame. So eventually I figured I'd better actually make a card using all of the "insteads". Here it is now:


A nice neat Cloud Washi and Water Tape seascape, diecut into a heart to hold my Narwhal, plus those fab Sun and Cloud Brads again. And since I keep my Sunglass Brads right next to the Sun and Clouds, I noticed that they were a pretty good size for the narwhal to wear, so I added a pair from the Colorful set. Instead of patterned paper for a background I used an older Blue and White Dot Tape in the same color family. I even added a slightly more mainstream sentiment!

I hope you'll check out all the fun new Washi Tape in the EO store (the newest styles are all conveniently located at the top of the decorative tape section, with an asterisk before their names) and maybe even "make a scene" of your own! ♥

2 comments:

  1. The Narwhal Song, a narwhal wearing sunglasses and such clever, fun designs....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute love that Narwhale and the song was priceless. fab. job with the washi tape!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~