Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's Resolutionary! ♥

Well it's January first, and you know what that means: time to kick off another holiday cardmaking season at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥! Possibly to non-crafters that sounds ridiculous, but anyone who has ever spent the middle of December stressfully mass-producing 50+ cards knows that making one card a week, throughout the year, really does make quite a bit of sense. And doing so with your friends is just soooooooo much more fun!  

The first theme of the year is called "No Time Like the Presents" so before you put away your wrapping supplies, pull out some of your leftovers (or that bit of paper from a present you unwrapped that was just too pretty to toss) and make a card featuring wrapping paper or gift tags. Here's what I made this week:

plaid paper, lace and tartan ribbon from my giftwrapping stash; red gingham paper: stampin' up; reindeer and "merry" journal cards: carta bella; dimensional poinsettias and holly: heartfelt creations; pinecone and poinsettia brads: eyelet outlet; foliage dies: tim holtz/sizzix; adhesives: xyron, elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, gluedots, sewing machine 

My card features a gorgeous plaid scrap leftover from my own giftwrapping duties this year. I typically mount thin papers like giftwrap or tissue onto a piece of lightweight cardstock that I've run through my xyron machine to make more sturdy, and that's what I did here. The tartan ribbon is also an offcut from this year's supplies... I went a bit mad for plaid! I've embellished that pretty reindeer journal card with some Heartfelt Creations dimensional poinsettias and a couple of gorgeous Eyelet Outlet Pinecone and Poinsettia Brads.

Be sure to hop over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ to see Stephanie's lovely card and check out the fun little prize that's on offer to one lucky random cardmaker who links up with us this fortnight! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Awesome theme, since our Christmas was delayed due to half of the family sick. I have just the perfect piece of gorgeous paper I received last night on a gorgeous gift. On to your card, it's fabulous love that image and how you sewed it on the gingham an that beautiful plaid and kraft is fantastic. Now since I have no mojo and haven't crafted in three weeks I hope your first challenge gives me the oomph I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme, and an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~