Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Peace, Love and Coffee

One of my favorite papercrafting challenges is taking place this week: it's the 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers' Bloghop which is always a lot of fun. Especially since I have the considerable advantage of keeping a stock of Eyelet Outlet Coffee Brads on hand at all times! ;)


My sentiment is inspired by an awesome new stamp set from CAS-ual Fridays that my friend Amy Tsuruta used reallllllly well on this card. Since I don't happen to own it (...yet...) I decided to make my own tribute version! Obviously I needed a Peace Sign Brad, but to give it a little more holiday style, I added a hat from the Elf Brad set. A Holly bedecked Heart Brad came next; then a cup from the Coffee Brad set, with a couple of Christmas Cookie Brads. I used letter stickers for the main words, and my handy Dymo for the rest. I made a seasonal mat for the sentiment panel by neatly lining up strips of Holly Tape on plain white cardstock.


I liked the results so much, I immediately wanted to make a second version... so I did! This time I decided to orient my A2 card horizonally, and place the brads ABOVE the keywords instead of beside them. I used my vintage typewriter instead of the labelmaker, and typed the sentiment on a clear label, so that I could trim it to size and place it on my paper after setting the brads.


I hope you'll check out all the gorgeous projects in the Coffee Lovers' Bloghop, then head over to the Eyelet Outlet store to stock up on Coffee Brads and join the fun! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful fun Christmas cards and great use of the brads. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun couple of cards, I like the sentiment and great use of those cute brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those little brads are so cute. I love the sentiment. I really like how you have the sentiment on the one card using the old labeling letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and unique creations, love both the versions, super striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous designs and I like both versions with those brads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness...this is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool! Love your cards. Putting that CAS-ual Fridays stamp set on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cards and love the little images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren, these are so warm and charming...makes you want to curl up with a card and a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG... these are AWEsome! Love what you did here! Very cool, fun and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~